Friday, October 01, 2004

Well my first week as an unemployed person is over, I’ve spent two and a half days working in the Oxfam shop, had a couple of visits to the job centre, spent an hour with a job agency and filled in countless forms, in short it’s been pretty busy.

I did manage to find time over the past couple of days to write a short story; it’s the first time that I have sat down to write a fictional item since my school days, a very long time ago!

I mentioned a while ago that I intended to do more writing, one of the reasons for starting this site, was that I wanted to have a place where I could get used the discipline of writing on a regular basis. I’ve been pretty pleased with that amount of material I’ve been able to produce, although not always so happy with the content. Anyway over the past couple of weeks, I had been formulating a very rough plot outline in my head and over the last couple of days I managed to commit it to paper.

Orynthia was not aware that I was undertaking this little exercise, so when she, received my email containing the piece yesterday, I think she was a little surprised. Luckily and pleasingly for me, she liked it and her words of encouragement have persuaded me to carry on writing fiction. I’m not sure what to do with it yet, I know that I need to get a few pieces together and then maybe I could try to get something published.

In a few weeks time we are off to Bilbao for a week, a chance for to relax together, check out the Guggenheim and see the wonderful Magnetic Fields. The same band has also given us an excuse to take a long overdue weekend trip to Manchester later in the month.

I also need to sort out my next job, I know what I want to do, but whilst I wait for that to happen, other options of varying degrees of interest keep being placed in front of me. Looks like I’ll have to do some serious thinking before we go away.

Should you want to be notified when this site is updated, you could fill in your details in the Notify box underneath the monthly achieves. You will get an email advising of the latest exciting addition! Why you busy people would want to have more emails dropping into your over flowing “In Box” I’m not sure, but the offer is there should you wish to take it.


No comments: