Thursday, May 12, 2005

Last night was spent in the company of Teenage Fanclub, and what better way of spending an evening could there be.

When we first arrived there were worries about the gig going ahead, it was thought that the glare from the vast number of shiny headed middle aged males, could prove too distracting for the band. Luckily some younger people came in later, bringing the average hair follicle content up to EU approved gig levels.

As ever with the Fanclub, we got the normal mixture of classic songs and amiable bonhomie. I sometimes wonder what would have happened to the the band if the Grand Prix album had been as huge as it should have been. I sort of think that they would not be around to entertain us these days if they had been forced to go on the non stop touring treadmill. So although their bank managers may be upset, I think the rest of us should be pleased that the Fannies are still able to lighten up the darkest room.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to see them at Portsmouth. What was lucky for me was I could see them at the very front row, which is impossible in Japan. Oh, I should write about it on my site.

Tom said...

Yes you should. The only concert we saw in Japan was Elvis Costello, which was kind of strange. Very early show and very polite crowd. Interesting though.