Monday, October 24, 2005


Well a bit of a first for me last night. On Friday I was asked if I would DJ at the latest evening of musical delights from the Grumpy Man collective? Thought I may as well give it a go, have to say that I really enjoyed it. People even came up to me to ask what some of the records were, just like a proper DJ.

It was all done with CD’s, so in reality it’s pretty straight forward, and given the nature of the evening, there is no pressure to keep people dancing – what can go wrong?

Anyway here is my set list.
1. Jacob Faurholt – Alone with you
2. Iron & Wine – Cinder and Smoke
3. Music and Movement – Cosmonaut
4. Nina Simone – Please don’t let me be misunderstood
5. Lucksmiths – Fiction
6. Lou Reed & John Cale – Hello it’s me
7. M. Ward – Hi-Fi
8. Francois – Katrina
9. Calexico – Not even Stevie Nicks
10. Devendra Banhart – Now that I Know
11. The Decemberists – On the Bus Mall
12. Teenage Fanclub – Planets
13. Pavement – Range Life
14. Beth Gibbons – Romance
15. Bobby Darin – Simple song of Freedom
16. Sufjan Stevens – The dress Looks Nice on You
17.Lambchop – Up With People (remix)

No comments: