Tuesday, February 12, 2002

Plant the Rice, the paddy field is ready!! Another day of spectacular rainfall Redland Green has turned into a maze of swamps and streams. Its starting to take on a bit of an end of the world feel. Rather fine it is too.

Made my first music purchases for a while today, and its back in time I go. Picked up a double CD of all John Cales work on Island from the mid 70's and Blue by Joni Mitchell. I guess the John Cale is partially because of the Warhol TV stuff. It reminded me of the fantastic "Songs for Drella" record that John Cale and Lou Reed stuck out as tribute to Warhol after his death. It is one of my all time fav records. As much for Cales contribution and Reeds.Poor old John has always been overlooked but I love his slightly skewed melodies and cutting lyrics.

Went to see Gosford Park and enjoyed it. However I did come away thinking that I had been watching a BBC2 Sunday evening drama, rather than an Altman film. Have to say that Maggie Smith was, as ever fantastic. The epitome of the irrasciable old lady.

No comments: