Sunday, February 10, 2002

Well, what a busy week!! Wednesday had the sort of work day that everyone should have. At 12 noon we all went out for lunch. Had a great time with the fine people at Sergios. Then stayed out for drinks and chat for the rest of the afternoon. Ended up playing pool - something I NEVER do. Even managed to win a few games, although I think this was down to my doubles partner Paul Harding , rather than any latent talent that I may have stumbled upon.
Thursday was the Union AGM. More drinking and I now find myself as part of an 18 strong committie for the South West Branch of the CWU. Not quite sure what this will entail. Should be fun finding out.
Friday went out for a drink with Jane, John and Baxter. Had a good evening, spent a lot of it talking about old clubs in Bristol, The Western Star, Top Cat, Bastille and more. By the way John has just put ot a great comp cd called "Make Music" on Harmless. It is getting great reviews all over the place, as it should because it is a fine CD.
Yesterday we sorted out our hotel in Madrid. Had a chat with Steve Vowles in the morning, we are still not sure of the final travel plans but I'm sure that we will have a splendid time. Bought a new suit for the wedding that afternoon. Well overdue as I was in danger of becoming the office tramp. Of course as soon as the purchase was made I worked out that with a bit of work 2 old suits could be knocked into shape, so now I have enough suits to take care of the wardrobe demands on the next Guy Ritchie mobster Britflick!! City managed to lose at Wycombe, so we are back to 4th place.
Jon Collins came round in an effort to fix a problem on our Mac, came back again today and although progress has been made further work is required. it's nice to have friends who's brains work the right way to these sort of things.
Just watched the last of the Warhol progs on channel 4. I must admit that the actual work which he produced does very little for me. However I do find him fascinating. England has gone Warhol mad, then again Steve said there is an exhibtion in Madrid as well. Maybe it is a world wide situation.

No comments: