Wednesday, August 27, 2003

I've been working hard at my Lithuanian history in preparation for our trip in 10 days time. It’s a fascinating country and we are both really looking forward to our trip. Talking of overseas things, my blog friend Kelpie is trying organise a sort of email pen pal scheme, so that people from different countries can get to find out something about life in different parts of the world. So if you are curious about Cairo, mystified by Massachusetts, or fascinated by France, get in touch with her via her website. It could be the start of an interesting friendship.

I spent the last 30 minutes or so tinkering with my team for this years BBC fantasy football league. It's something that I do with some of the guys in work and some other friends of Bill formally of Bristol but now resident in New York. Last year I was hopeless for most of the season, so I put extra effort into this seasons team. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

In the world of real football Bristol City have come back to earth with a bit of a bang! After the excitement of the 5-0 win on the first day of the season, we’ve drawn a couple of games in fairly unconvincing style and then last night we lost 1-0 at Colchester, so we find ourselves down in 11th place. Home to Grimsby on Saturday is looking like a bit of a must win game already!


No comments: