Thursday, August 26, 2004

Well following on from my last entry, here is more about music – well sort of. On Tuesday evening Orynthia and I went to LeRoc classes at the nearby Elmgrove Centre. Now I’m sure that some of you will be thinking what on earth is that. Well LeRoc is a slightly more modern form of Jive dancing and following out Jitterbug experience the other week, we thought that it would be fun to have another go at this dancing thing.

I have to say that I was initially sceptical, but the evening turned out to be great fun. I was pretty hopeless, but all the people I danced with were very forgiving (quite a few were on their first visit as well), and we spent a lot of time laughing. Sadly we won’t be able to make it next week, but I think it could become quite a regular Tuesday night event.

We won’t be able to go next week because that nice Mr Stapleton has arranged a gig by the intriguing Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players at The Polish Club. All the reports about them make this sound like a must see gig, which is strange as I have only heard one track by them (which was great). Next week see the return of the wonderful Charlie Parr to Bristol, when he plays The Cube on September 2nd.

Looking further ahead, Saturday September 11th is Bristol doors open day, it’s always one of our favourite days of the year, because you get the chance to look around lot’s of interesting buildings which you cant normally gain access to. It’s been going on for several years now, so we are always on the look out for new places to see. This year we can go behind the scenes at the Colston Hall and visit the beautiful looking 1920’s retirement home known as St Monica Trust amongst others.


No comments: