Wednesday, June 12, 2002

I have to say that the 7:30 AM starts for watching world cup games, is starting to make me quite tired. The main problem is the lack of catch up sleep on a weekend. Still it has been a fantastic competition so far and we only have to wait until 19/6 for the treat of an extra hour or so in bed.

Still managed to keep some vestige of a normal social life going. We went to see the film "About A Boy" last night. I must admit that when I read the book, it was one of those "OK" reads, I think that on this occasion the film is actually better than the book. It has to be said that the young male lead, had the most bizarre eyebrows I have seen for some time. The poor chap looked as though he must have a relative of good old Dr Spock from Star Trek. I hope for his sake that it was part of the make-up teams attempt make him look kookier, rather than a lifetime affliction.

Tonight we are meeting up with a few friends for a meal. At the start of the tournament I weighed myself to see how much the snacking whilst watching games would affect me. Strangely after the 1st week I actually managed to lose weight, so tonight is a chance to put a few pounds back on.

No comments: