Friday, June 07, 2002

Well, as mentioned previously, I won’t go on about the world cup on this site. Will just say that this afternoon, I was a very happy man.

Went to one of the smallest pubs in Bristol last night, The King Charles to see our friends Ian Green and Steve Dew playing a short improvised set as part of a trio with a guy called Bill. They had never played or even practised together before as a trio, so everyone was unsure about the outcome. I really enjoyed the short set that they played and as someone who has never played anything, I just get more and more impressed at the creative abilities of our friends. I am also delighted to live in a city where people try to do interesting and unusual things.

I nipped into town after the football to pick up some CD’s. So we now have a proper copy of the lovely new Belle & Sebastian soundtrack CD. Also got the new Edwyn Collins CD as well as an album by a group called The Bee’s called Sunshine Hit Me. Heard this whilst at Mark and Bab’s over the weekend. It reminds me of a more structured version of The Beta Band deceptively simple on first hearing, it is a real grower.

Should be catching up with old friends Kevin and Julie over the weekend, along with yet more football.

No comments: