Wednesday, June 19, 2002

No football for a couple of days, so a chance to draw breath and look
forward to the remaining game of this extraordinary competition. On my way
to watch the South Korea - Italy match yesterday I noticed that a house just
around the corner from us had a small hand made Korean flag on display in
their front garden. I think the family have only recently moved to England,
so it must be amazing for them to watching the scenes coming from their home
land. After the amazing victory against Italy, I felt that I had to drop a
small card into them to congratulate them the efforts of the team and indeed
the fantastic supporters. Can they beat Spain in the next round? I think so.


Yesterday Orynthia bought one of the new digital TV converter box's. This means that
we now have digital viewing and can watch the free digital services, such
BBC4, BBC choice and about 7 others. It also gives us access to the BBC
interactive services. So now we will be able to find out what is going on
when they "viewers with digital services, press the red button now". At the
moment it just appears to be showing lots of World Cup related stuff, in
fact when I left for work this morning it was showing the full Korea - Italy
match again.

Tonight we are off to Cardiff to see The Bees, I am really enjoying their
splendid CD, although I did read a rather uncomplimentary live review in The
Guardian for them today.

No comments: