Wednesday, November 10, 2004

This week I’ve been wrapped up in football fever. I’ll give you an insight into my busy schedule, so you can understand what a patient and understanding person Orynthia is.

Last Saturday I went to see Bristol City wallop a very poor MK Dons team 4-1. Monday evening saw me taking part in my regular Monday game. Last night (Tuesday), I watched Bristol City beat a pretty good Tranmere Rovers 4-0, including a goal by Luke Wilkshire, which was amongst the best that I have ever seen. This coming Friday evening I’ll be watching Bristol City again as they play Brentford in the first round of the F.A. Cup. On Sunday I’m playing for Brian Munich in a league game, then if I’m still standing I’ll be back for the normal Monday evening run around (which could well be a walk around!).

So in the space of 10 days I’ll have watched 3 games and played in 3 games. It’s not normally like this, it’s just that a strange quirk of the fixture list has meant that City have 5 consecutive home games. Now, often that could be a bit too much of a good thing, but at the moment the reds are playing some great football and scoring loads of goals, which makes every visit to Ashton Gate a bit of a treat. Anyone who supports a lower league club knows that you have to make the most of the good times, all too soon the football returns to shapeless, pointless nonsense, which we follow out of habit and camaraderie rather than in any real hope of being entertained.

In addition to all of this, we are hopefully going to “Shimmy” that’s the club night, not a type of dance, but then again who knows, at The Cooler on Friday evening (after the football) to catch a great DJ double bill – Andy Smith and Gaz Mayall for what should be a quality mixture of northern soul, hip-hop, reggae and ska. On Saturday we are having a bit of a family gathering in Cardiff during the day, before live music from either Bucky or Wilma back in Bristol in the evening.

So not too much time to draw breath really, but that’s just the way things work out from time to time.


No comments: