Friday, April 01, 2005

A while ago I mentioned that our mothers were taking a holiday together. Well, sadly it was not a huge success.

I think they both ended up thinking that the other was a little strange! My mum was amazed at the way Orynthia’s mum was so involved with Bingo and other communal activities. conversely I think that Orynthia’s mum was surprised that my mum would rather go back to the room in the evening and watch TV or read. It wasn’t a disaster and I’m sure that they are closer friends than they were before, but I can’t see the experiment being repeated somehow.

We’’ve got a busy time coming up over the next few days. This weekend orynthia has gone away to Wales on a hen weekend. I’ve got a City game to watch tomorrow. Then on Monday it’s Orynthia’s birthday, we both have the day off work, so we are going to nip over to Bath on the train for the day. There are a few interesting exhibition’s taking place which should amuse us, in the evening we are back in Bristol for a trip to the Old Vic to see
“Turn of the Screw” By Henry James. The birthday celebrations continue at The Bell on Tuesday evening. although I have another match at Ashton Gate to take in before I join Orynthia & co.

On Wednesday evening we will be the Colston Hall to see Rufus Wainwright. I’ve seen his dad in action a few times over the years, but I think that the pair of them will have rather different ideas about stage craft! In a few weeks time Martha Wainwright is in town, I’m already booked in for something that night, so I guess my Wainwright collection will remain incomplete for a while.

No comments: