Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Where does the time go? A week on and the chaos is gradually receding, most of the records are back on the shelves. Somehow the books appear to have been reproducing, will they all fit? I’m not so sure. Anyway the new carpet is in place, so that’s a room that we don’t need to play around for a good few years.

As mentioned in the last update Sunday saw us embarking of another Grumpy Man evening, and I think that it was the best one that I have been involved in. Only four of us behind the mixer the mixer, playing for nearly 6 hours , meant that I had time to play everything I planned to (and more besides), so we had tunes from the following:
Tom Waits
Rufus Wainwright
Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan
Lou Reed
The Coral
Clap Your Hands Say yeah
The Shins
New Order
Joe Volk
Martina Topley-Bird
Au Revoir Simone
Clor
Charlie Parr
Camera Obscura
Shout Out Louds
Richard Hawley
The Smiths
Clem Snide….and many more. We do it all again on Sunday March 12th at the same place. Then on Thursday March 16th I’ll be playing some tunes at Bar Unlimited as part of the “Lost in the Woods” evening arranged by Aspen Woods. My good friend Ian Green will be performing so you can expect the unexpected!

No comments: