Thursday, April 24, 2003

So, every day this week, I have been getting up at around 6:20 am to let our roofing guys in. Must admit that it's making me very tired. I know lot's of people do this sort of thing all the time, but the earliest I get up normally is 7am, once or twice a week. I guess that because we don't have kids, and we both work pretty straightforward office hours, with minimal commuting times, we have been pretty spoilt on the sleep front. Orynthia has been ribbing me a bit lately, I have been waking up at around 8:30 - 9:00 am on some weekend mornings, which she takes as a sure sign of old age. It's a well known fact that young people can quite happily sleep all day. Whereas those nice old grandmums and dads have normally read the paper, watched "Gone With The Wind" on video, had breakfast and a mid morning snack, before the clock strikes 8:30 am. So in a way I'm quite pleased that I'm finding it so taxing. Proof that I'm not completely in my dotage!

Picked up a couple of CD's yesterday. One of them is a compilation of bands on the Output label called Channel 2 , including older singles from bands like The Rapture and LCD Soundsystem plus lots of new stuff by bands which are new to me. Most of it is the new electro vein, which is all pervasive at the moment. The other CD is the new one from Yo La Tengo - Summer Sun , only had a chance to give the first few tracks the skimpiest of plays last night, but track 4 "Season of the shark" is just lovely. Looking forward to more plays of this album.

We have actually had some rain here today, for the first time in absolutely ages. It felt quite strange to be holding an umbrella again.



No comments: