Wednesday, January 14, 2004

One of the benefits of my new job is that I don’t start work until 10am, consequently I have more lazing around time in bed every morning. This used to consist of me laying in bed watching the breakfast news on TV. However since Xmas channel 4 have given up on having any sort of studio based show and has decided to give us old runs of comedy shows. One of these is called “Everybody Loves Raymond”. I don’t know anything about the show, not sure if it’s been shown over here before (it’s obviously a few years old) but I’m hooked. It still feels slightly decadent to be watching this sort of show at 8am, but why not?

Since Christmas I’ve been reading the Chet Baker biography – “Deep In A Dream”. It’s a pretty brutal book, the level of self-destruction which Baker and his fellow Jazz musicians put themselves through is really quite amazing. I still can’t figure out how Baker made such brutal music whilst his was so busy destroying everything around him.

Things have been a bit quiet on the music front, really enjoying the new 10 inch ep from The Earlies. Had a sneak preview of the new albums by Franz Ferdinand and Lambchop and they both sound good.


No comments: